Thursday, July 17, 2014

Just Rolled Outta Bed

It's currently 10:32 PM here in Taiwan...

but I decided to satisfy Jo's request and post the pictures I took from that amazing breakfast at The Avocado House we had together the morning of my flight (I was drooling while editing these photos). 

Because it was my last day (technically, morning) in the US of A and Alli happened to be in town, Jo, Alli (see her blog here and her website here ) and I decided to grab breakfast.

Despite the fact that Jo and I had no sleep a sleepover, we decided that waffles were worth it. Waffles, omelets, and other amazingly delicious American breakfast foods I can never get while I'm here in Taiwan *cries*. 



Alli, gorgeous as always. 



The super-fab-fiercely-real-independent-woman, Jo. Jo, if you're reading this, I tried to get it right. I really did. 






Ok. Let's be real here. The food looks pretty damn good right? I ordered a veggie omelet but it was oh so satisfying. And those waffles were doughy, syrupy, fluffy heaven. 

Another thing I really loved about the Avocado House was the homey feel and the spot on service. The Avocado House really is just that... a house. It feels like you're eating a nice hearty breakfast at grandma's. Not to mention the fact that everyone was so friendly! I remember a server carried a whole umbrella over to our table without our asking just because he saw that we were sitting in the sun. Here's the address if you ever want to check the place out because I highly recommend it:

The Avocado House
11618 Central Ave
Chino, CA 91710
Phone number
(909) 627-9733 


T-shirt // NYC
Leather Shorts // Nordstrom Rack
Birks // Target
Bag // Rose Bowl Flea Market



As for my outfit that day, I quite literally was running entirely on caffeine, adrenaline, and the fierce desire to have some good quality waffles. Long story short, I was exhausted and too damn lazy to actually dress decently. Yup. That means I went to breakfast in my pajamas. 

I probably looked like a classic tourist with my t-shirt and giant DSLR but that t-shirt was honestly just what I went to sleep in. I think the leather runner's shorts add a sports luxe feel (not to mention crazy amounts of comfort) that seems to be every blogger's obsession lately.

Lastly, the birkenstocks, AKA the shoes that are either loved or hated in the blogosphere. They aren't exactly everyone's cup of tea. I personally love them even though they do remind me a bit of grandpa shoes. But, when it comes to comfort, these shoes can't be beat. These birks definitely aren't authentic simply because my price range is not nearly as generous for being a high school student but in terms of quality, they're decent and I get to play with the trend without seriously denting my wallet.

Also, the slightly faded gold texture/shimmer on the straps counters the grandpa-esque feel nicely.



By the way, if you're wondering what I'm doing in Taiwan, I'm volunteering here for a month and teaching English to elementary school kids! The humid weather, mosquitos, and uniform requirements don't exactly make my stay relaxing. But, I will say that teaching these extremely adorable kids is so rewarding.

Until I blog again...

- Crystal J. Tsang



No comments:

Post a Comment